Named after the Greek word for “Authority” the Exousia Gospel Music Awards (EGMA) was founded by Martins Dickson the president and founder of EXOUSIA MUSIC INTERNATIONAL.
The scheme is aimed at recognizing outstanding achievement in the Gospel music sphere, and will be held annually with plaques and other forms of honours.
The awards is arranged to coincide with the Exousia Music Annual Music Concert. The scheme will involve artistes from all of North-East Nigeria, and subsequently recognise musicians from Northern Nigeria and beyond.
Nominations will be expected to originate from Artistes and Record Labels. If an Artiste is not represented by a Record Label, the Artiste can nominate themselves. A soft and hard copy of the nominee’s profile, photographs and a sample CD is required. The Nomination and Screening Committee (drawn from music experts and experienced music teachers) will create a ballot system, returning a copy to the Exousia Music technical committee.
This ballot will then be sent out to the Music Industry consisting of Artistes, Record Labels, Managers, Radio and News organizations, Television stations and the Exousia Music website (www.exousiamusic.org).
The top 3-5 nominees from each category will be included in a General Ballot to be sent out to the General Public and on Exousia Music website for final voting. Votes from the general public consists of 70% of the total scores while the panel of judges will award the remaining 30%.
ALL THE VOTES GO TO AN INDEPENDENT AUDITING FIRM WHO DETERMINE THE FINAL WINNER.
Artistes or Record Labels must submit their material for nomination. Exousia Music does not select nominees nor do they select the Award winners. Exousia Music invites all Artistes and groups to submit their material. If material is not submitted for consideration, then they are not included in the Award selection process.